Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

so i spent one and a half days on this petticoat. i was pov and got the cheep fabric and that is why it does not function like it should. i wouldnt try making this unless you have a fair amount of patience/ a really stubborn streak (mine is the latter. it all so takes .........

Things you need
1. 3.6m of tulle or crinoline*
2. About 14.6m of 7/8" ribbon
3. 1/4" twill tape (equal to your waist measurement)

oh well i guess I'll just wait for a good sale then start afresh. this pattern is from the lovely Sugardale .
http://sugardale.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-make-petticoat.html

oh look hers actually looks like it should oh well :)











2 comments:

Tab said...

LOL!!!! Do you know how many petticoats I've tried to make in the past?! They make me cry. I had to make 2 for my wedding - one for me and one for Jewels and Jenny Brice made Kelly and Heather's. We know your pain.

What fabric did you use? It looks very soft, almost too soft. Crinoline and tuile have a bit of stiffness to them. You could perhaps try starching it and seeing if it gives it a bit more rigidity. In the old days [I mean the 50's] girls would use a sugar starch to keep them stiff - as.

Good luck on ur next try. Don't give up, a good petticoat is an awesome thing.

Tab said...

Also like the banner.