Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is my first dress made using my dress form, it was very helpful to use and i dare say saved me quite a lot of time, i also enjoyed not having to try and do adjustments and poke my self with pins. i originally made the patten as directed but when i had finished it looked like a strange bag....

The waist is quite gathered at the back and a small belt as suggested looks un sightly! so instead i made a wide belt it comes together with buttons at the back and i think it make it look nicer.

i have never tried to make anything that has so obvious lines in the material, the center pieces come together at a strange angle, it matches up fine but still looks strange! any hints on how to do better next time?
i also added a peter pan collar the first made me appear as a turtle, but that's most probably an erorr of mine. i know there are alot of faults but i guess practice makes prefect.

2 comments:

Tab said...

That must have been fun? I like the banner redesign. The Singer looks like a treadle version of mine. If you ever see one, buy it bc they are not too hard to fix and very excellent little stitchers.
xoxo

Snooze said...

the dress and the fabric are gorgeous ... well done you.

My collection