Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

new dress time! made from a 40's pattern
the pattern had the option of long or little cupped selves, i did make the selves and the strange double yoke, but the effect looked tacky.I am sure that was due to the pattern on the fabric not quite matching the design. I got the fabric on a chuck out for really cheep!
i did want to make it in a floral green but the ideal fabric although beautiful was out of my price range.


(its not quite done in this picture hence the safety pins. i need to make a new petticoat as well)

the whole thing is pleated, that took me a few goes on practice fabric to get right. the pleats sort of go against the grain and become wobbly and curly if not absolutely center :S. so one of the pleats is terrible but I'm hoping that will be un noticed.....

3 comments:

Andrew Bob said...

it looks very nice :)

Tab said...

Hey Katie, I missed this post earlier. That is such a pretty dress!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous right now that you have such a gorgeous pattern!!! OMg!! I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a very clever girl. And you can see any of the "problems" in the photo.

iheartsunnydays said...

Wow - this is so gorgeous! You are very talented.