Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A zombie ate my cupcake!



This little book is a ripper! The title alone drew me in, A Zombie ate my cupcake,it just sounds marvelous from the beginning. The book tells you how to create edible masterpieces of gore. Now as in most cook books there are a few recipes that you would need an art degree to pull off bet surprisingly %90 are actually doable. Thank you Lily Vanilli here is her blog page

I only got the book yesterday afternoon, but a guy in my class had his Birthday today so it was a good opportunity to try one. I attempted Rainbow Cupcakes.
Now don't be fooled making these made a lot more dishes then the run of the mill cupcakes. at least five bowls, a mix master and over trays. But all up It was totally worth it. word to the wise you can't use normal food dye you need the gel stuff that you can get at cake stores. Yes you actually do because I decided to test this theory and I used normal food dye for the red section...... exactly there is no red :( it ended up a light pink brown shade, not very bright or stunning.I had some gels already from my birthday cake.

The colors were not as vibrant as the book but the food dye was in softish tones.

No comments: