Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

I have been recently pleased to be listening to the Temeraire series of novels by Naomi Novik.
I am dyslexic and reading will often cause me to have migraines, so Audio books are wonderful!!! It’s currently a serious of six books composed of His Majesty's Dragon Throne of Jade, Black Powder War, Empire of Ivory, Victory of Eagles and Tongues of Serpents. I am currently up to Empire of ivory.
The novels are comprised both fantasy and an interpretation of the Napoleonic Wars..... ok so the author wrote dragons in to history, it sounds terrible and silly but seriously give it a go! It is truly a work of incredible art. “an air force of dragons, manned by crews of aviators". The books (that I have heard so far) are unique from each other. It’s not all about losing and fighting in wars but also includes everyone’s favorites, love, betrayal, pain, obedience and revolution. I must admit the advantage of audio is that you get expression by the readers that helps you get through the boring bits. Again give it a go!

2 comments:

Sarah Slaven said...

Cool I have just become hooked on them too I have only read the first three though. I fell behind because I was to sick to read last week I didn't think about audio books that's very tempting. Do you thing the kids would cope with the shot off limbs and acid spitting dragons if I played it in the car???

Katie B said...

i know... i read your blog about the softie swap and that's how i got on to the books :D thank you by the way!
hmm i would think it would make very interesting conversations with the kids at least :)