Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I am currently going about making some dresses from scratch not just patterns but fully drafting. i find this process slightly frustrating but it's not top bad. The main problem at the moment is that I am very distracted. for some reason i can't seen to stick to task and manage to waist my time doing something else! So my plan is if i post my idea i will have to see it through :) at least that's the plan.

I picked up this lovely fabric today on a really good special. It is cotton sateen or something similar. I just love the sound it makes when moved. I am a big fan of having my dress sound good as well as look good, like how a nice petticoat will give off a pleasant russle? Does that make sense? Oh well, I get it any way.

I was thinking on making it along theses lines. i think the skirt is a little full for day were tho? do you agree? I think the v back would be a good challenge for me, obviously the zip would have to be on the side. I have made a few dresses with side zips and on a whole i think i can make the dress look neater.
i am going to do a little sketch and play around with a few elements to see what i can change and so on :) i would like it to sit nicely with and without a petticoat.


3 comments:

Tab said...

It is a gorgeous fabric. Are you making a muslin first? What method are you using for drafting?

Katie B said...

well I'm making a sheet mock up first, I'm not really sure if i am using a technique, just learning from books

Tab said...

Can't wait to see how it goes!! Excitement :)