Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

....and cherry makes three


I have made another peg apron, we now have three. I do love the aprons they are so practical :) however as a strange debate has irrupted around people stealing others pegs..... i have solved problem or at least i hope by a new apron. I like this design the best so far, the first i made had too deep holes for the pockets. As one bends down to retrieve a dropped peg many more fall out in the process and creates more work.
So the third.....Tori chose the fabric originally for and over shoulder bag, i brought too much of the fabric not knowing at that time what design we would make . Happily there is still some left and the cute pattern may appear here in a different form. oh! and hand painted cherries on the front to break up the black.


Secondly i have made a quick over shoulder bag for myself, made from some of the scraps received in a bag from a friends friend :) the outer is orange velvet that had been dyed green, if fells lovely ( I would have chosen a darker green if i could tho).

the inside is of some stripey synthetic of some sort and the light green is curtain material. Perhaps not in the current fashion but hopefully with it's zip and magnetic clasp it will deture wandering hands while I'm in Hong Kong :)

3 comments:

Tab said...

Nice. In the 3 I assume you're including the one that I made mum, or is that another one?

Katie B said...

yes yours was the first :)

Tab said...

Groovey baby. If you weren't counting that one, then I wanted to see the "mystery" one :) Cherries is very pretty.